(1986) Point Judith Road. Unique miniature golf course-only one of its kind in R.I. with waterfalls, caves, streams and an island. Bumper boats. Hardball and softball batting cages. State of the art go-kart track. OPEN: Weekends, Apr 15-Oct 15. Daily, Jun 15- Labor Day. 789-0030.
CANONCHET FARM (H)
Strathmore Street and Anne Hoxsie Lane. 174-acre park. 19th century working mini-farm. Historic cemetery with graves dating to 1700. Myrtle J. Wheeler Memorial Fitness Trail, South County Museum, nature trails, picnic areas. OPEN: Daily, Dawn to Dusk. Recreation Dept., 789-1044.
On the green at Gazebo Park, corner of Beach Street & Ocean Road. A 6,000 lb. limestone statue of historical Narragansett Tribal Chief, Canonchet. Sculptured in 1977 by Robert K. Carsten.
NARRAGANSETT INDIAN MONUMENT
Kingstown Road and Strathmore Street. Carved from a single Douglas Fir by Peter Toth, this 23' sculpture is one in a series of 4l throughout the country honoring the American Indian.
POINT JUDITH LIGHTHOUSE
(NR, NHS) 1460 Ocean Road. An octagonal brick building erected in 1816. A Coast Guard and tower beacon were maintained at the point during the Revolution. Original wooden lighthouse, built in 1806, was blown down in the Great Gale of September 1815. The last German U-Boat sunk in World War II was two miles off of the light. Visitors are welcome to the grounds; lighthouse and Coast Guard Station restricted. School and civic groups allowed access with prior arrangements. OPEN: Daily, 9-4 p.m. 789-0444.
SOUTH COUNTY MUSEUM (H)
on Canonchet Farm, off Boston Neck Road (Scenic 1-A). Exhibits of articles of early Rhode Island life. Country kitchen. Maritime exhibit. Cobbler shop, tack and livery, antique toys and dolls. A working print shop. Antique carriage collection. Events, demonstrations and lecture series. OPEN: May-Oct, Wed-Sun, 11-4 p.m. 783-5400.
ST. PETER'S-BY-THE-SEA CHURCH (1869, NR) (H)
Central Street & Caswell Street. Site of Varina Winnie Davis memorial stained glass window. Daughter of the Confederacy, vacationed at Narragansett Pier where she died. Window is one of several Tiffany stained glass windows in the church. OPEN: Mon-Fri, 9-2 p.m. or by appt. Sat, 10-12 noon. Sunday services, 8 & 10 a.m. 783-4623.
505 Pt. Judith Road, Route 108. Historic 150-acre working farm. The property is one of the areas original Plantation Farms. The impressive Kinney Bungalow was built in 1899 by Francis Kinney, a successful New York tobacco magnate and used as a private country club. 789-1044.
THE TOWERS (1883, NR) (H)
Ocean Road. Last remaining section of the famous Narragansett Pier Casino designed by Stanford White which in its heyday was the center of the summer social season in this famous seaside resort. The restoration process is continuing with the ground floor housing the Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Center and first floor gallery and exhibit space. Summer tours are available. Sat-Sun; 12-4 p.m. 783-7121.
UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND, NARRAGANSETT BAY CAMPUS
South Ferry Road. Graduate School of Oceanography, Department of Ocean Engineering, Pell Marine Science Library, Rhode Island Sea Grant, National Sea Grant Depository, Office of Marine Programs, Narragansett Bay Classroom and the University Research Vessel ENDEAVOR (when in port). Also the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Research Laboratory, the National Marine Fisheries Service Narragansett Laboratory and the Rhode Island Nuclear Science Center. OPEN: Group tours by appt. 792-6211.