(1788) 4 Main Street, Adamsville. Built in 1788, by Samuel Church, Gray's is one of, if not the oldest continuously operating stores in the country. Contains old post office (first in Little Compton, 1804). Original soda fountain, candy and tobacco cases and ice chest. Aged cheddar cheese, Gray's Meal, penny candy, antique display items, vintage clothing and collectibles. OPEN: Memorial Day-Labor Day, Mon-Fri, 9:30-5:30 p.m.; Sat, 9:30-5 p.m.; Sun & holidays, 12-4 p.m. Winter: Mon-Fri, 9:30-5:30 p.m.; Sat, 9:30-5 p.m.; closed Sun & holidays. 635-4566.
MONUMENT TO ELIZABETH PABODIE
Commons Burial Ground. Gravesite of first white girl born in New England, a daughter of Pilgrims John and Priscilla Alden. OPEN: Dawn to Dusk.
RHODE ISLAND RED MONUMENT
(H) Main Street, Adamsville. Commemorates the breed established in 1854 and honors the famous edible commodity which gave the poultry industry to the world. OPEN: Dawn to Dusk.
(1975) (H-1) 162 West Main Road, Route 77. Tastings, tours and audio-visual presentation throughout the year, self-guided vineyard walks. Retail shop open daily. OPEN: Jun 1-Oct, 10-6 p.m.; Nov-May, 11-5 p.m. 635-8486.
WILBOR HOUSE, BARN & QUAKER MEETING HOUSE
(NR, NHS) West Road. Historic early 18th century structure, maintained by Little Compton Historical Society. The Wilbor House was built during 17th, 18th and 19th centuries and restored in 1956 by Little Compton Historical Society with period furnishings. Barn contains historical New England farm items, tools, utensils and vehicles. OPEN: Wilbor House & Barn, mid-Jun-mid-Sep, Wed-Sun, 2-5 p.m. or by appt. Last tour at 4:30. 635-4035.