CHARLESTOWN HISTORICAL SOCIETY (1838, NR)
Route 1A. On grounds of Cross Mills Public Library. A one-room schoolhouse authentically restored and furnished in 19th century-style. OPEN: Jul-Aug, Wed, 2-4 p.m.; Sat, 10-12 noon. Groups by appt. 364-7507.
KIMBALL WILDLIFE REFUGE
Off Sanctuary Road. 29-acre Audubon Society of Rhode Island refuge on Watchaug Pond. Trails and outstanding habitat for water fowl and migrating birds. Free parking. OPEN: Daily, Dawn to Dusk. 949-5454.
NINIGRET PARK (H, H-1)
Off Route lA. On 172-acres. Picnic grounds, ball fields, ten-speed bike course, BMX race course, tennis and basketball courts. 3-acre, spring-fed swimming pond. Frosty Drew Memorial Nature Center with trails. Observatory, displays and programs. OPEN: Year-round, Dawn to Dusk. 364-1222, 364-6244.
ROYAL INDIAN BURIAL GROUND (NR)
Narrow Lane, off US Route 1. Resting place of sachems (chiefs) and families of the Narragansett Indian Tribe.