BRIDGETON CAR BARN
Bridgeton Square. In 1902, a substantial car barn was erected to house electric cars to be used for mass transportation. Car service to the area ceased in 1928, but a portion of the car barn remains as a reminder. 568-0247.
HARRISVILLE CENTER (H-1)
105 Main Street, Harrisville. Seat of the town government, Harrisville is a combination of riverside crossroads and manufacturing village. Many of the quaint public buildings were built, moved, or renovated by Austin Levy, owner of the Stillwater Worsted Mills. The Colonial brick buildings include the Town Hall, library, The Assembly, post office and court house. OPEN: Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30 p.m. 568-4300.
WESTERN HOTEL (1774)
Route 7, 610 Douglas Pike. Built as a hotel, this building was an important stage coach stop along Burrillville's 14 miles of stage coach roads. Also used as a boarding house and a tavern. Second floor housed a dance hall and stage. OPEN: 11-1 a.m., 7 days a week. 568-6253.
WHITE MILL PARK
On Route 100 in the Bridgeton area of Pascoag. The original mill was built in 1834 and later burned. A Worsted mill was erected on the site in 1895 by Arnold & Perkins using the available water power. The mill continued under various owners until closed in the 1960's after years of service to the community. 568-4300.