Barrington

BARRINGTON CIVIC CENTER HISTORIC DISTRICT (NR) (H)
County Road. Barrington Town Hall (1887-1888) was designed by Stone, Carpenter & Wilson, architects of Providence. The medieval style 1 1/2 story building, constructed with three flank gable units of varying height, has two circular towers. The basement, first and second stories of the towers are constructed of boulders. The historic district also includes the library which is located in the early 20th century school, 18th century cemetery and pond. OPEN: Library: Mon-Thu, 9-9 p.m.; Fri-Sat, 9-5 p.m.; Sun, 1-5 p.m. (during school year except when holidays fall on Sunday). Town Hall: Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30 p.m. 247-1900.